Cloudpath ES 4.2.2630 (MR) Release Notes
Applicable To The Following Products
The Cloudpath ES provides ascalable, standards-based security solution that greatly reduces managementdemands even in the face of the skyrocketing growth in the numbers anddiversity of devices requiring varied levels of access to the network.Cloudpath ES also serves as an integral piece in protecting an organizationfrom the increasing sophistication of cyber attacks attempting unauthorizedaccess and data theft, destruction or corruption.
Unprecedentedlevels of automation and flexibility make Cloudpath ES easy and simple.Cloudpath ES automates configuration for all major operating systems andsegregates personal devices from IT-owned while maintaining device-by-devicevisibility and control.
Cloudpath ES Highlights
- Automated onboarding for all users, including employees, guests, and contractors
- Intuitive workflow engine for comprehensive policy-driven access
- Distributes unique certificate per device based on policies
- Built-in certificate infrastructure and RADIUS server
- Automates EAP-TLS, the WPA2-Enterprise gold standard
- Supports guest use cases, including sponsorship
- Differentiates between IT-owned and personal devices
- Provides visibility into users, devices, and policies
- Integrates with Microsoft Active Directory and Certificate Services
- Integrates with external LDAP and RADIUS servers
- Integrates with your existing WLAN
CloudpathES is deployable on-premise as a VMware server(s) or is available as a cloudservice.
At the heart of the Cloudpath ESis a highly reliable device configuration tool. This tool is also available ina standalone form as the Cloudpath Wizard for environments in need of onlyuser-based policy, which normally takes the form of either PEAP/MSCHAPv2 orEAP-TLS with Microsoft CA. The Cloudpath Wizard has been proven in networksaround the globe and configures millions of devices every year.
Whileuser-based policy is being replaced within the industry by user+device-basedpolicies (see Cloudpath ES), the Cloudpath Wizard is appropriate inenvironments where:
- All users are defined in Active Directory.
- Policies are based only on the user’s identity.
- User credentials have limited value, reducing the risk if compromised. (PEAP)
- Automated, self-service onboarding
- Support for a wide array of laptops, phones, and tablets
- Configures Wi-Fi, certificates, and NAC settings
- Install third party software, including Antivirus
- Reduces IT support costs
TheCloudpath Wizard is available for on-premise deployment, or as a cloud service.The on-premise deployment supports a wide array of web servers, includingApache and Microsoft IIS.
Secure, assimple as insecure.™ With the Cloudpath Suite, increased security no longertranslates into end user frustration and IT support overhead. Cloudpath has theunique ability to configure wireless profiles, 802.1X supplicant information,and other security-related settings on the fly from a browser for mostWindows™, Mac™, and Ubuntu™ computers and a growing list of handheld devices,including iPhone™, iPad™, iPod Touch™, and Android ™ phones and tablets.Cloudpath also automates the association and authentication process, ensuringusers are connected painlessly.