Can I keep an AP in Standalone mode on a ZD managed network?
SummaryYou can configure Standalone APs to not join ZDs on the network.
QuestionCan I keep an AP in Standalone mode on a ZD managed network?
Customer EnvironmentAP, ZD, standalone mode AP
Root CauseAP joined ZD when connected in the same network
1. Try accessing the AP GUI with default credentials
2. Try accessing with different browsers
3. Check if there is any ZD present in the same network
After figuring out that there is a ZD in the network, try accessing the AP with ZD's credentials.
To configure Access Point in standalone mode and without connecting to ZoneDirector in the network
If Access Point is managed by Zone Director then Factory default and proceed as below:
2. Provide the IP address of the Access Point(192.168.0.1) to ssh into it. Log in with AP credentials
3. After successful login, execute the below commands:
rkscli: set director ip 220.127.116.11
** Please reboot for this change to take effect
After successful reboot of Access Point, now connect it back to the network.
Now Access Point will try to discover the ZD with IP address 18.104.22.168(which is not present) and hence would work in Standalone mode.