How to upgrade firmware for Standalone AP
QuestionHow to upgrade firmware for Standalone AP
ResolutionNOTE: This only works with firmware 9.1 and above
The following steps explain how to upgrade the firmware of a standalone AP using Local option
- Download the desired firmware for the AP from the website www.support.ruckuswireless.com and save it in the local computer.
- Go to Maintenance > Upgrade and select the Upgrade Method as "Local"
- Click on "Choose File" and choose the downloaded file from the local computer
- Now click on "Perform Upgrade"
- The AP will upgrade and will ask for reboot, for which say YES.
- After reboot we can confirm the FW version under Status > Device
If you are using firmware below version 9.1, you can upgrade to 9.1 using FTP or TFTP and then use the local option.